We adhere to standard industry race policies. THERE ARE NO rain checks, rollovers or refunds. NO EXCEPTIONS, sorry. Transfers from one race to another or to another athlete are possible by contacting the race director at email@example.com a minimum of 10 days before the schedule day of the race.
All participants must also agree to the following terms and condition.
AGREEMENT ASSUMING RISK OF INJURY, WAIVER AND RELEASE
OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
PASO ROBLES HARVEST MARATHON REGISTRATION
I understand my registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in Paso Robles Harvest Marathon and related activities (“Event”), the undersigned acknowledges, understands, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in the Event is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist. Furthermore, these risks are increased by the conditions under which the Event is conducted and might include inclement weather, vehicular traffic, wild animals, and extreme temperatures. The public and private roads on which the Event will take place will be open to vehicular traffic.
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation in the Event.
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation in the Event. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest Event official immediately.
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS The Paso Robles Joint Unified School District, The Paso Robles Athletic Boosters, The Paso Robles Rotary Club, Rotary International, Le Vigne Winery, The City of Paso Robles, County of San Luis Obispo, State of California, and their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the Event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. Should RELEASEEES, or any of them, be forced to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to defend and hold harmless such RELEASEE(S) for all such fees and costs.
6. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating in the Event. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or condition I may have.
7. In the event I file a lawsuit arising from my participation in the Event, the venue for any such action shall be the Superior Court for the State of California, County of San Luis Obispo. In any such action, the applicable law shall be the law of the State of California. I agree that if any portion of this Agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE
(UNDER AGE 18 AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION)
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees, and for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.